Thursday, December 16, 2010

Best of 2010

With 2010 drawing to a close, I was asked by The Coast (Halifax's weekly alternative newspaper) to list my top five graphic novels of the past year. To see what I picked, visit The Coast's site here.

Some manga that didn't make the cut:

Cross Game vol.1
Otodama vol. 1
Peepoo Choo vol. 1
Cardcaptor Sakura complete set
Gogo Monster

I feel kind of bad that manga dominates the list. It's not all I read this year, I swear! Just a big chunk. There's also a lot of noteworthy comics released in 2010 that I just didn't get a chance to read (such as Parker:The Outfit or Two Generals by Scott Chantler).

While there was a lot of interesting stuff released in, I'm hoping that 2011 has a stronger showing (or at the very least some new 'Umbrella Academy' issues).

1 comment:

  1. I really liked reading your blog. Eventhough I haven't read many series in manga I've liked the ones I've started reading. I'm excited to read more of your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete