Monday, February 22, 2010

Going to Japan

There is a chance that I may be going to Japan come August. For anime fans, going to Japan is like making a pilgrimage to Mecca: you have to do it at least once in your lifetime. But I won't be going just to find weird Pocky flavours and soak in hot springs (though I do plan to do that as well). If all goes according to plan, I will be teaching English and staying there for quite awhile. With that in mind, I thought it might be time to revive this blog. For one, I'm too lazy to create a whole new one, and two, I'm actually pretty proud of my writing posted here and might bring back the 'Manga for People Who Don't Like Manga' series. But my main aim in writing here again is to chronicle my preparation for going to Japan: the books I'm reading to get ready, the research that I'm doing, the hassle of figuring out what to do with all my books and DVDS, etc. I also hope that eventually this blog will grow to include my experiences when I get to Japan.

Of course, there's always a chance that I don't get into my chosen program and don't go to Japan. In which case this blog becomes the biggest internet joke since 'piano cat.' I'm hoping that doesn't happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment